Job no: 492532
Work type: Full Time
Location: Dandenong South
Categories: Accounting & Finance
- Succession planning and career advancement opportunities
- Be part of a winning team that recognises and rewards success
- Join a multinational company with a strong culture
An exciting opportunity exists within Bunzl Australia & New Zealand for you to utilise your finance skills and acumen in our Dandenong South Branch.
SO, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
Bunzl Australia & New Zealand is a leader in the marketing and distribution of a diverse consumable products range across a wide variety of industry sectors. We're a multinational company committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, providing an environment that is safe, pleasant and harmonious, encouraging open and effective communication between all levels and offering employment that is secure and satisfying.
Some of the benefits you will enjoy include:
- A salary commensurate with experience - we know you work to live.
- A supportive and friendly environment that continues to grow and provide career opportunities.
- Wellbeing and community programs, including our Community Support Program (CSP).
- Discounted corporate deals, including Health Insurance plans and Holiday bookings.
This isn't a full list of course... We feel we have a lot to offer the right person!
OUR IDEAL PERSON
Crucial to your success in this role will be your ability to operate and adapt quickly in our fast-paced environment. Previous experience operating in a similar role within a large business will be key. You will be determined and solution-oriented by nature and possess the ability and confidence to influence others and to challenge the status quo. Having an exposure to Inventory, FMCG or Retail would be desirable but not essential. You will be tertiary qualified in a relevant accounting discipline with sound technical accounting knowledge and working toward your CA/CPA, if not already obtained. Minimum 2 years’ experience in the workforce.
You will also require the following attributes:
- Attention-to-detail combined with the ability to deliver a high volume of work.
- Intermediate to advanced level of working understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel
- Proficient in financial reporting
- A flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks.
- The ability to translate financial data into understandable information for key decision-makers.
- Sound and comprehensive basic Accounting skills.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE!
This position will report to the finance Manager – Operations. Some of the key deliverables will be producing financial reports, ensuring integrity of the general ledger and using your knowledge of data and process to identify opportunities for process improvement. You will also be required to:
- Support the preparation of the annual Fringe Benefits Tax return, company tax returns, GST and Withholding Tax returns.
- Provide creative, workable alternatives and recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Take ownership of Prepayments Schedule
- Manage intracompany bookkeeping
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of current processes and provide recommendations that will drive business productivity improvements.
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about technical developments and advancements
- Assemble, analyse and summarize data to facilitate the preparation and presentation of financial reports.
- Develop and leverage detailed system and process knowledge to reconcile general ledger accounts.
If this sounds like a fit for you, and you have the skills and characteristics we are looking for, then we would like to hear from you!
Please apply through the ''apply" option, including your covering letter and resume
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend