Job no: 492593
Work type: Full Time
Location: Dandenong South
Categories: Accounting & Finance
- Full function Accounts Receivable
- Career development opportunities
- Be part of a winning team that recognises and rewards success
We have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller based in our Dandenong South Branch. The Credit Controller is a critical member of our Credit Team. We have clearly defined targets around working capital which means we must manage credit risk effectively and minimise bad debt.
If you are someone who performs well under pressure, loves a challenge and you have a passion for owning your customer portfolio then this role is for you.
SO, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Bunzl Australasia is a leader in the marketing and distribution of a diverse consumable products range across a wide variety of industry sectors. We're a multinational company committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, providing an environment that is safe, pleasant and harmonious, encouraging open and effective communication between all levels and offering employment that is secure and satisfying.
Our Dandenong South office is easily accessed with free offsite parking, so you won't have to battle the city traffic any longer!
Some of the benefits you will enjoy include:
- A salary commensurate with experience - we know you work to live.
- A supportive and friendly environment that continues to grow and provide career opportunities.
- Wellbeing and community programs, including our Community Support Program (CSP).
- Discounted corporate deals, including Health Insurance plans and Holiday bookings.
This isn't a full list of course... We feel we have a lot to offer the right person!
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Ensure that all key areas (debtors aging) of the ledger are maintained in line with collection targets.
- Ensure that the debtor maintenance on all accounts is kept up to date and all accounts are reconciled in line with credit policy and accounts receivable protocols.
- Ensure appropriate action, including administrative processing and follow up of short or over payments.
- Identify and escalate concerns/ customer queries in a timely manner.
- Work with national and branch sales personnel and management in the facilitation of cash collections
- Build strong business relationships with major customers - both internal and external.
- Manage the process for obtaining timely payment of all outstanding accounts within the agreed credit terms and business objectives.
OUR IDEAL PERSON
You will have a minimum of 5 years' work experience in a corporate office environment, preferably with experience in a high-volume credit control function.
You will also require:
- Intermediate knowledge and skilled in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and professional communication skills.
- Above average numerical and verbal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a talent for problem solving.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment.
- Ability to take / show initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
If this sounds like a fit for you, and you have the skills and characteristics we are looking for, then we would like to hear from you!
No agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend