Purchasing and Inventory Controller
Job no: 492470
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Operations, Transport & Logistics
- Join a highly successful, continually growing branch
- Vast learning and development opportunities
- Multinational company with a strong culture
The Inventory Controller plays a key role within our high performing operations team, acting as the category specialist for Hospitality and Catering and ensuring that stock is purchased and stock levels maintained to satisfy customer demand and quality.
You will enter a challenging, fast-paced and ever-changing environment, operating in a demanding yet stimulating and thoroughly rewarding role.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct all activities in line with safe work processes and Bunzl safety guidelines.
- Maintain high fill rates and stock availabilities in line with KPI’s.
- Provide & maintain high customer service levels.
- Excess stock & slow stock management.
- Relationship with manufactures/suppliers.
- Manage supplier discrepancies – pricing and product.
- Co-ordination of special items such as; custom prints, glass printing and other bespoke items.
- Co-ordination of directly shipped goods from supplier to customer.
- Co-ordination of smaller one-off supply projects.
SO, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Bunzl Australasia is a leader in the marketing and distribution of a diverse consumable products range across a wide variety of industry sectors. We're a multinational company committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, providing an environment that is safe, pleasant and harmonious, encouraging open and effective communication between all levels and offering employment that is secure and satisfying.
Some of the benefits you will enjoy include:
- A salary commensurate with experience - we know you work to live.
- A supportive and friendly environment that continues to grow and provide career opportunities.
- Wellbeing and community programs, including our Community Support Program (CSP).
- Discounted corporate deals, including Health Insurance plans and Holiday bookings.
This isn't a full list of course... We feel we have a lot to offer the right person!
OUR IDEAL PERSON
In order to succeed in this role, you will need a strong background in Inventory, ideally dealing with a variety of products within the hospitality. You will also need to be highly efficient, with the ability to effectively prioritise a range of tasks and a variety of stakeholders.
You will also require:
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven strong attention-to-detail.
- Willingness to learn new systems and processes.
- Inclination to challenge current processes to drive continual improvements.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- A clear, logical and innovative thinker.
- Ability to prioritise, organise work and meet strict time deadlines.
If this sounds like a fit for you, and you have the skills and characteristics we are looking for, then we would like to hear from you!
Please apply through the "apply" option, including your covering letter and resume.
No agencies please.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend