Job no: 492856
Work type: Full Time
Location: Dandenong South
Categories: Accounting & Finance
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team based in our Dandenong South Branch. Reporting into the Commercial Manager – FP&A this role will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the governance framework for the management of all Bunzl Australia and New Zealand (BANZ) contracts.
If you are someone who performs well under pressure, thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys negotiation and a challenge, then this role is for you!
SO, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Bunzl Australasia is a leader in the marketing and distribution of a diverse consumable products range across a wide variety of industry sectors. We're a multinational company committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, providing an environment that is safe, pleasant and harmonious, encouraging open and effective communication between all levels and offering employment that is secure and satisfying.
Some of the benefits you will enjoy include:
- A salary commensurate with experience - we know you work to live.
- A supportive and friendly environment that continues to grow and provide career opportunities.
- Wellbeing and community programs, including our Community Support Program (CSP).
- Discounted corporate deals, including Health Insurance plans and Holiday bookings.
This isn't a full list of course... We feel we have a lot to offer the right person!
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Establish, document & educate all relevant stakeholders on the governance framework for contracts & tender management;
- Develop and manage a contract registry for all customer and supplier contracts which provides details on key contractual terms, deliverables, dates and clauses;
- Establish contractual hot spots and educate the relevant internal stakeholders;
- Perform contract reviews, highlight possible risks and propose remedial action to support the negotiation process;
- Establish, update and manage the delegation of authority for approval and sign off of contracts with clearly articulated authority levels for key contractual items;
- Actively participate in contract negotiation with customers and suppliers;
- Review profitability models;
- Perform post implementation reviews of new contracts;
- Ensure contractual reporting requirements are met on a timely and accurate manner;
- Performing ad hoc analysis of contractual performance;
- Develop and maintain contract dashboards;
- Active involvement and contribution towards tender management.
OUR IDEAL PERSON
You are someone who enjoys a challenge and thrives in a fast-past environment. You have strong Commercial and Financial Acumen along with excellent problem-solving, negotiation and communication skills. You are CA, CPA or CIMA qualified with 5 -10 years’ experience in a similar position in a medium to large size organisation. A qualification in corporate law or legal would be considered as an added advantage.
You will also require:
- Proven track record in Contract and Tender management;
- Demonstrated ability to identify improvement opportunities and execute change;
- Strong negotiation skills along with demonstrated experience in negotiating with large organisations;
- Deep understanding of Legal “Boilerplate” clauses and its application on contracts;
- Ability to interrogate operational and financial models for resilience and robustness;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment;
- Ability to take / show initiative with
- Ability to work well autonomously as well as in a team environment;
- Resilient and focused, capable of taking ownership and delivering desirable outcomes within a fast paced and changing environment.
At Bunzl we believe that through Diversity we build strength and support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it is in the company’s best interests and those of all who work in it, to ensure that the human resources, talents and skills available throughout the community are considered when employment opportunities arise. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
If this sounds like a fit for you, and you have the skills and characteristics we are looking for, then we would like to hear from you!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend