Job no: 492368
Work type: Full Time
Location: Dandenong South
Categories: Accounting & Finance
- Succession planning and career advancement opportunities
- Work on exciting business improvement and transformation projects
- Join a multinational company with a strong culture
We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Financial Accountant to join our fantastic Finance team in Dandenong South.
Reporting to the Finance Manager - Operations, the key objectives for this role will be to operate as a business partner to operational branches, managing the P&L's within your portfolio, and assisting the Fixed Accountant with fixed assets and capital expenditure. This role presents significant opportunities for cost reduction with the potential to deliver strong business outcomes.
You will work with a recently formed, open and transformative team within a fast-paced environment, where you will work collaboratively and take proactive ownership of your area. The size of our business combined with our flat and collaborative organisational structure will give you access to a wealth of knowledge and experience through our senior leadership team and highly talented team members.
SO, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
Bunzl Australasia is a leader in the marketing and distribution of a diverse consumable products range across a wide variety of industry sectors. We're a multinational company committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, providing an environment that is safe, pleasant and harmonious, encouraging open and effective communication between all levels and offering employment that is secure and satisfying.
Some of the benefits you will enjoy include:
- A salary commensurate with experience - we know you work to live.
- A supportive and friendly environment that continues to grow and provide career opportunities.
- Wellbeing and community programs, including our Community Support Program (CSP).
- Discounted corporate deals, including Health Insurance plans and Holiday bookings.
This isn't a full list of course... We feel we have a lot to offer the right person!
OUR IDEAL PERSON
Crucial to your success in this role will be your proven success operating in a similar role within a large business, and your ability to operate and adapt quickly in our fast-paced environment.
You are determined and solution-oriented by nature, and you possess the ability and confidence to influence others as you challenge the status quo.
You may come from an Inventory, FMCG or Retail background, however, this is not essential.
You will also require the following attributes:
- A degree in Business, Commerce or Accounting is required, as is a CA/CPA.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Accounting.
- Sound and comprehensive Accounting skills.
- The ability to learn new skills and knowledge, and adapt quickly.
- General exposure to computerised Accounting systems in large commercial organisations.
- Attention-to-detail combined with the ability to deliver a high volume of work.
- Intermediate to advanced level of working understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel and Word.
- A flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks.
- The ability to translate financial data into understandable information for key decision-makers.
If this sounds like a fit for you, and you have the skills and characteristics we are looking for, then we would like to hear from you!
Please apply through the ''apply" option, including your covering letter and resume.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend